Saturday, July 30, 2011

"The Dreamer" by K.C. Johnson

"The Dreamer dreams of things unseen,
The scepticts laugh, and the cynics scream,
Yet once in a while the Dreamer smiles,
He knows his dream can pass their trials,
'Impossible!' the experts say,
And they laugh the Dreamer's dream away,
But some believe and hope and pray,
So the Dreamer tries it anyway."


This poem was written by my uncle K.C. He has started writing and publishing children's books, and this was on the back of one of his books. I feel like this poem was written for someone like me. I am totally a Dreamer. People tell me that i'll never be as good as the best, or tell me that there's a very slim chance that i'll reach a goal. But i don't let that slow me down one bit. I hold on to my dreams, and make them happen. Notice how part of the name of this blog is "Dream." That's because i believe in dreamers like the one in this poem. If you have a dream, go after it. Don't just let it die because people get in the way and tell you that you can't live your dream. If you really want it, go for it. Make it happen. Have no regrets. :)

1 comment:

  1. Agree, 100%! You have the attitude I always have wanted, so don't let you mommy or anyone else crush your dreams or tell you differently--love you!

    ReplyDelete